Dec 10, 2020

Payback is always a bitch.

So, under the heading of stupid boss tricks now is the fact that ever since I included HR in my response to the snotty bullying chat I got there has been nary a peep from certain quarters. In the meantime, one of the accounts he was responsible for just walked out of the shop.

Then they managed to pick up some other work that he's been tasked with but the thing of it is he’s supposed to be setting up processes. Last year, an account came into the shop that we had to all effects lost. I wound up working directly with the client and managed to build the account back up where it led to the company getting the rebadge of the client’s entire line.

I wrote about that but the thing of it is, it’s in my wheelhouse. It’s what I do. It’s easy for me. That’s not to say it isn’t work because it is and a lot of it but I’m very adept at breaking down work, setting up processes and the like. So much so, that the idiot tried desperately to wedge himself in on it so he could get some kind of credit.

Well, I went back to the main account I can’t seem to escape and here a year later we have pretty much lost all the business we were getting and that I built back up. So, that account has returned to the status it was at before I took it over, that’s more than a little frustrating to me.

So, seeing him and one of his pets do this now is a little satisfying because it isn’t turning out to be all that easy.

Now, in the meantime over the last several months since we evacuated from the office the workload on the account that shall remain nameless has grown exponentially and we’re much more busy that we had ever been over the previous three years. There have been some big projects come through the shop that I handled by myself and those projects have gone off seamlessly. One I had to pick up after work was sent out to another location and came back wrong and late and had to be redone. I got all that work done.

Then about a month later I got another one of these big projects in and it was the same thing again. A bunch of back and forth but I got things set up correctly and ever since anything for that brand comes through and goes back out quickly and with little muss and fuss.

What did I get for my efforts? What was my reward for working weekends and 12 plus hour days to meet insane deadlines and have work go out right and without a problem?

Well that was an opportunity for the idiot to give me grief. Seriously, first it was about the amount of hours I was putting in but when I made sure to put in only the required amount of hours that song changed quickly. Then it was about how long things take to get done but that too backfired when someone else worked on a bunch of jobs and I wound up catching something of a big error before the jobs shipped which wound up putting egg on the idiot’s face.

I’ve had my share of bad bosses through the years but occasionally, I’ve had very good bosses... people who were supportive and encouraging. People who helped you grow. The difference is amazing in just how much nicer it makes work and how much better you feel about your job.

This guy, not so much.

After that whole bunch of bullshit and just the bullshit overall over the last two or three months I have to say I’m a bit fed up and right now I can’t say I’m all that motivated than to put in my hours (without working long days as much as possible) and not working any weekends. I mean, why would I?

Well, they just got hit with a ton of work... I have to say, too bad.

The ship has sailed on me going above and beyond. I haven’t gotten support and seeing this clown flame out, well it wouldn't be the worst thing. All I know is I have six days until a nice long break and I can't wait.

No comments: